If your business has a physical location, property insurance is must-have coverage. But did you know that property insurance protects more than your business’ physical location? Crossroads Insurance is here to shop our network of top-rated insurance companies to get you the best price and coverage on business property insurance today.
What does property insurance cover?
This insurance covers the physical location of your business, but it also covers your business’ personal property and income. To help you really see the scope of what this policy can do and how you would use it, we’ve outlined some common situations that businesses have used it for to get up and running again after a covered loss.
- Your business experiences a fire.
- An act of nature caused extensive damage to your building.
- Someone vandalized your business.
Business Personal Property
- Someone breaks in and steals and/or damages your equipment or inventory.
- Your computers were damaged or stolen.
- A customer’s property was stolen while in your care.
- Personal or financial data is lost or stolen.
- Your business loses power and perishable items are destroyed.
- You can’t open your store due to damages or repairs being made.
- You’re not making rent off the property while it is being repaired.
Do all businesses need property insurance?
This type of insurance is ideal for retail and service business owners, especially those with a physical store or location. The amount of insurance you need will vary based on your inventory, equipment, and other business personal property factors.
Are there any optional add-ons for business insurance that I should consider?
Absolutely! Crossroads Insurance can help you customize your plan to you with various policy enhancements. For example, you can add equipment breakdown coverage to make sure any mechanical hiccups don’t hit your bottom line, outdoor sign coverage, or employee dishonesty coverage to help you get back losses caused by an employee stealing money or property from you.